Thursday, September 10

Be the customer.

This is what everybody will experience and witness. This happens everywhere, in my company, in my department, my ex coop partner, your organization, GM, everywhere. Since I started my job, I can't stress enough how rapid it occured, and how easy all this can come into existence.










To be ideal, for me, is to have what the customer really needed in every process involved. That's perfection if achieved. but perfection is not what we are going for, that's god's business.

However, the direction we're heading is questionable. Is this direction, the direction? Did we commicated well enough? Does he know what he's doing? Does his boss know what he's doing? Am I capable to produce results he wanted? How many thousands of people need to be on the same page this time? So, why are we on this page again?

Many people I've met have the "just do it" attitude. I personally like it when it comes to play, but a big no when it comes to business. If the planning is bad, the engineer is bad. We plan by considering appropriate (instead of a lot) factors, logic, impact, etc. If you're good at that, wow, but are you getting what the customer really needed?

Songness in a short term does not effectively solve a problem/task/situation. Short term fulfillment is a simple trap, when long term goal is not taken into consideration. It is rather easy to accomplish tasks assigned by my boss. Easier to not document it. A lot more easier to talk cock and lie about accomplishment. Even easier to do without thinking.

So I figure out these steps:
1. Identify customer.
2. Is my current action adding value to "what the customer really wanted"?
3. If this is 1st per million, will my last action per million still be able to add value to "what the customer really wanted"?
4. Besides customer and money, were others satisfied?

Plan, with adequate consideration and sufficient understanding, to meet customers' need. Then act.


3 comments:

lim said...

I like this post!

Siti said...

Me too~

Rachel Gan said...

I wanted to print this out and bring it ISC meeting. Tell them to target right audience, and their needs. Its such a good post lou gong!